Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jay-Z Talks Business With CNN

Last week, Jay-Z was interviewed in the 'Money' segment of CNN. Of course, he was there to speak about his business side, and not Rap music. Being from the projects in Marcy (in New York), and rising up to play ball with the big wigs, people are always curious to know what this man has inside him. I watched the interview, and learnt a lot. And like most of the other Jay-Z interview I watch, I noticed that shy side of Jay.



During the interview, he was asked if he would ever consider giving off a substantial amount of his wealth like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have done in the past, and he said...





"Well, I think there is a difference. I think charity is very important, but as far as who we are (African Americans) and where we come from, there hasn't been...em...our generation...we haven't acquired wealth to hand down, and give the opportunity to the next generation. So, my goal is that...you know...that the next generation...my next generation can have a better start than I had; and wont have to start so as...you know...where I come from. So, we have to take care of our family first...as well as giving to charities."



Nice answer. Besides, those other guys (Buffet and Gates) were worth around $50-$60 billion when they gave away like half their wealth; Jay-Z is worth just half a billion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar