Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Late Friday Favorites - Best of the Week

My Friday Favorite's post is late this week, because we have been out of down on a little belated anniversary getaway.  We are home now, however, and it's time once again to join with my blogging friend Susanne and others over at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five. 

Class Finished - I completed another class toward credit for a pay raise.  I need twenty hours credit to advance to the next salary lane.  So far I have three, so I have a long ways to go.  I begin another online class next week.  I will keep preserving.  Because my plan is to retire in five years, I want to get my salary as high as possible because that will impact my pension and social security.  I feel so old thinking about such things. 

More rain - Tuesday evening, dark clouds rolled in, thunder rolled and then we got a nice, drenching rain.  There was even some flooding in Southern Utah. We badly need the water,  so everyone is grateful for more rain. It lowered temperatures too.  

Utah Shakespeare Festival - Charly and I took a belated anniversary trip to Southern Utah to attend a play at the Utah Shakespeare Festival at Southern Utah University in Cedar City.  We really enjoyed this!  We saw the play "The Comedy of Errors" which was an a well-done production by talented performers in a beautiful and intimate theater built to look like Shakespeare's original Globe Theater.  We are already planning to come to this annual event again next year. 

Taylor Creek Trail - While in Southern Utah, Charly and I went to the Kolob Canyon section of Zion National Park and hiked the beautiful Taylor Creek Trail.  It was heaven on earth to be in this amazing place with my soulmate.  

Interesting listening - I don't listen to audiobooks often, but I downloaded this one, The Radium Girls by Kate Moore, using the audiobook app from one of our  local libraries.  The app is call Hoopla and it seems to work very well, and it has quite a good selection of books and even movies.  I got this book because it is the selection my book group will be discussing in our first post-Covid meeting.  Warning - parts of this book are hard to listen to, because it describes the horrific symptoms of death by radium poisoning.  It is, however,  good to have something interesting to listen to while on the road.  I plan to use this audiobook app from the library a lot more. 

Safely home - After a fun anniversary adventure, we arrived home safely Friday afternoon.  I am always grateful to be home, no matter how wonderful a trip may be.  Time away is good, but ultimately, there's no place like home. 
 
Those are some of the favorite things as I look back on this summer week.   There is always much to be grateful for.  Have a good weekend and happy Independence Day to my American friends.  What a blessing it is to live in a land of liberty - truly something we must never take for granted. 

😊Deb💙












 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar