Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Whole Bunch of Answers!

photo credit
I've really enjoyed doing these "How?" posts! I hope you've all gotten something out of it too! Feel free to send me questions anytime and I'll do my best to answer. I  have one more next week, but this time I've compiled several of your questions with slightly shorter answers:



Grechensaid...
My question deals with your genre, how do you balance adult interaction with teens without having the adults become underdeveloped absentee people?

A: Great question, Gretchen! Here’s a blogpost where I talk a bit about that.

Dean K Miller said...
How do I get my alien co-author to keep the story in and earthly time zone, and also quit drooling his snarfly-slime all over the pages?

A: That’s the trouble with aliens, Dean. If you’re going to partner with someone, you should make sure you’re compatible.


Jill Kemerer said...
How do I meet my word goals without drowning in coffee? :)

A: I can certainly relate to this one! The best thing you can do is bring a floatation device to the computer. Oh and maybe switch to half caf!

How do I present myself as normal when there are so many voices in my head?

A: That’s the great thing about being a writer! We’re all crazy, so we GET it. ;D

Medeia Sharif said...
How do you prevent yourself from going back and editing parts of a draft when your still drafting? It's such a time suck, but I itch to do it. I'm getting better at not doing it, but I can't help but go back.

A: You don’t! It took me a while to figure that out. But here’s the thing. If there’s a “rule” that you know, but you function better outside the parameters of that rule, I say break it. I edit sometimes as I go. If I don’t fix something it bothers me, so much so that sometimes I really can’t move forward without fixing it. Sometimes I follow that same rule, but when it gets in the way of my writing? I don’t. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar