Hmmm, what should I blog about today? Seems I'm oozing oodles of oo-words so I'll go with that. I'll write about one of my favorite games: Scrabble.
As kids, we played a lot of board games. I'm dating myself (not literally) but there were no video games at that time. Scrabble was our go-to game, that and Battleship. My parents instilled a love of words in us at an early age--my mom still rocks the NY Times crossword puzzle in pen!
Some common words that start with oo include: oodles, oomph, ooze, oops, ooh but none of those give high Scrabble scores. As I compile this list, I'm smiling at the fact that oozily is a real word. I'm glad that wazoo and ballyhoo are real words. Also interesting: jackaroo and buckaroo can be spelled with an a or an e. Who knew? See how fun words can be. I digress...
So for those of you who play old-fashioned Scrabble, 3D Scrabble or Scrabble online, here is a list of high scoring words that begin or end in 2 O’s.
Word Letters Points
oophorectomy 12 24
oophorectomies 14 23
oozinesses 10 19
oophytic 8 18
oozily 6 18
oompahing 9 17
ooziness 8 17
oomiacks 8 16
oompahed 8 16
oophytes 8 16
ooziest 7 16
oozing 6 16
oozy 4 16
jackaroo 8 21
jackeroo 8 21
didjeridoo 10 20
switcheroo 10 18
cockapoo 8 18
kazoo 5 18
wazoo 5 17
ballyhoo 8 16
bazoo 5 16
buckaroo 8 16
buckeroo 8 16
cockatoo 8 16
kerchoo 7 16
peekaboo 8 16
peekapoo 8 16
For competitive word lovers and competitive Scrabble players, check out Top Ten Words that Start with X and V Words for Scrabble Players.
Play on!

0 Yorumlar