Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

out with the old

Ill  start this post by saying that 3 times in the past fads have bit me in the butt and the wallet .Back 1998 I didn't lower my price on Furbys fast enough before Christmas and I ended up with 11 unsold Furbies.This wasn't truly a loss as I was able to return them to Toys R Us and get my money back. I still made a profit even with returning the 11 for cost because the 9 that I did sell went for $150 each( a profit of  about $110 each) Then in the 99 I got out of the Beanie Baby business just in time to turn a small profit on the remaining stock I had before the entire world sold off all at once. Then in 2000 I lost my shirt in Pokemon cards overnight , thats all I have to say about the Pokemon crash . Now what do these have to do with today? Well Ill tell you, many many many people are soon going to face a nasty realization that they are not going to get back out what they put in on a modern day Beanie Baby crazy. What is Im talking about? FUNKO POPS! the Pops bubble is going to burst and my feeling is it will happen pretty soon. People sitting on 3000 pops mint in box are going to wake up one morning to find that they are worth about a buck each and they will never get that 25 bucks each they had hoped for. Those who forget are doomed to repeat .Why am I stating this ? Because I'm out, me and Pops have parted ways for good. Sure I still have a few here and there but those are parts of character related collection and not part of a Pop collection. I cashed out and left the table. Recently a small hole in thee wall comic book store opened up in my town. Now for a place the size of a walk in closet they had a great selection of toys. I noticed they seemed to highly favor the Pops. So I made a proposition to the owner and we struck a deal and now my future worthless fad collectables are his and I'm the proud owner of some cool new stuff that doesn't have dead black eyes and swollen Mellon hydrocephalus like heads. Ill get to taking better shots of this stuff at some point but for now here are a few quick shots of a few of the things I got in my Pop purge .










I walked away very pleased with our trade and I'm not missing the Pops one bit. Some of the items I got I haven't pictured here and will unveil them at a later time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar