Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Random Ridiculous Realization : A Proposal

I was thinking about Power Girl lately. It's true that I like her a lot and that I actually that her chest size (which isn't to my eyes actually disproportionate)can be more of a hinderance than a plus.

I still love her. I love her brassy feminism and strong will. I hate to see those qualities overlooked merely because she's well-endowed. Having breasts does not take any of those other qualities away.

I do think that a lot of what annoys many people about characters like Power Girl is her clothes. Power Girl is large, but she has a mass/size/frame that makes it work. I think though that one problem she has is that except for her boob window costume, she rarely seems to have enough garment style support for her attributes.

The oval-cut-out costume's actually really nice. She gets some grumbling because of the peekaboo aspects, but honestly, if you look at the structure of the thing, that window is actually what's keeping everything in place. It adds enough tension to the fabric that it makes an embarrassing escape impossible. It's very clever.

But every other costume she has? Really doesn't work. And I'm sure we can all think of particular occasions when a female character's costume makes it very clear that there's no support mechanism what so ever. Which is really dumb, because honestly, even women as small as a B-Cup will feel the unpleasantness of trying to do *anything* without support.

I don't actually blame the artists for this. Not completely. Most of the offending artists are men and thus have no real way of knowing that as attractive as breasts can be, they can be surprisingly inconvenient. They simply don't know how necessary some sort of support can be.

It's not their fault, but this situation *can* be remedied. I have a proposal to fix this. I propose a challenge, in which all male pencillers have to have sandbags strapped to their chest, constantly, for a week. After that, we'll see if there's any ultimate change in the costume.

Hey, it's worth a try! :-)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar